SQL Server on Amazon RDS Course
I’ve put together a short video series on running SQL Server on Amazon RDS. It covers some basics and can be completed in around an hour, with several very short videos. It’s intended for SQL professionals who are just getting started with AWS, but might also be enjoyed by AWS users, looking for a relational database management system.
It’s my first attempt at putting together a training plan. So any feedback will be gratefully received.
The full series will be online by end of July 2020. – Look out for new videos being released daily.
1. Introduction to SQL Server on Amazon RDS (Scroll down)
2. Benefits and limitations of AWS RDS
3. Create your first RDS instance using the AWS console
4. Connecting to your AWS RDS instance
5. Advanced Configurations using Parameter Groups
6. Securing your SQL Server AWS RDS Instance
7. Automating Deployments using PowerShell
8. Backup and restore for AWS RDS
9. Providing High-Availability through Multiple Availability Zones
10. Monitoring Your Instances using CloudWatch